Retail Customers and Contractors Welcome
Our Nursery and Garden Center is stocked and ready for all your DIY projects!
Mulching is a benefit for you and your plants. Mulch is a layer of protection that is applied around the base of your trees and plants. One of the most common materials used for mulching is shredded hardwood, which is available in many varieties.
The benefits of mulching are:
- Adding mulch helps to prevent soil erosion.
- Mulching helps to control weeds.
- It helps to regulate soil temperatures.
- Adds beautiful color to your landscaping and gives a nice defined appearance.
- It retains moisture and helps the plants and trees develop strong and healthy root systems.
All of our mulches are treated hardwood. Single shreds are taken through the mulch shredder only once. Double shreds are taken through the mulch shredder twice.
Natural in Color: Single Shred, Double Dark Shred, and Playground
Dyed in Color: Red, Black, and Chocolate
For the d.i.y. gardeners and landscapers, Lawnworks stocks a beautiful array of plants and trees to adorn your new or existing landscape. We start with plants that are well established and hearty so the plants/trees blend into your landscape and do not take several months or years to catch up.
Our trees on site are 2″ in diameter and bigger. You will find a nice variety of trees hardy for our western Pennsylvania climate.
Conifer varieties, which provide color all year long:
- Blue and Green Spruces
- Norway Spruces
- Weeping Norways
- Many topiary forms also available
Deciduous (leaf bearing) varieties provide beautiful seasonal colors and shade:
- Shade Master Locusts
- Red Sunset Maples
- Japanese Maples
- Weeping Snow Cherries
- Ornamental Pear and Plum trees
- Many more
Plants and shrubs range in many types from ground coverings such as Blue Rug (Wiltoni) Junipers, Hollies, Hydrangeas, Sand Cherries, Miss Kim Lilacs, and Knockout Roses.
Trees and shrubs can be purchased individually or picked out for landscape designs planned by our landscape architects.
Rocks and Boulders
Lawnworks stocks the largest variety of natural boulders in the area. Many sizes to choose from.
We also stock a wide selection of decorative rock:
- Natural boulders ranging from small to large
- Red Decorative Stone
- Pearl Pebbles
- Mocha Decorative
- Cherry Vanilla
- Black Granite
- Sandstone Flagstone (by the pallet)
- Maryland Blue Flagstone (by the pallet)
- River Rock #3, #4
We carry topsoil in these varieties:
- Topsoil Compost
- Mushroom Compost
- Farm Topsoil Screened
- Farm Topsoil Unscreened
- Fill Dirt
- Screen Premium is a great combo of Topsoil with organic compost
We carry Penn State Grass Seed sold by the bag or pound.